Pittsburgh, January 15-17, 2020
This will be one of the first SAFe version 5.0 classes offered publicly!
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- One certification exam attempt
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP
The Agile Rising Difference
We are not a training company. We are not a staffing company. Agile Rising focuses on real transformations for companies who choose the #1 scaling framework for Lean, Agile, and DevOps. As SPCT Gold Partners, we offer the right blend of consulting, coaching, and teaching in your organization for real transformation to succeed. You can expect insights from the trenches and pragmatic advise in every class we offer.
Your instructor, Chris Ruch, SAFe SPCT, and is a sought after expert in Lean Portfolio Management, with experience across a wide range of industries, from finance to manufacturing. The Agile PMO that he started and lead at Summa Technologies was the winner of the Pittsburgh PMI chapter PMO of the Year in 2013.